Tuesday, May 26, 2015

EVERYDAY HEROES: Ruchi Gokhale


At an age when love is in the air and class 12 board exams around the corner, no one really wants to do much apart from study, binge-eat on tasty food to beat the stress and steal time to talk to their respective love interests (or stalk them on Facebook). Obviously, there is no time for anything else!




Ruchi Gokhale is a feisty teenager with a great love for street food and dreams of a fabulous future. The only difference between her and the other aforementioned teenagers was that Ruchi had another, much deeper matter of concern on her mind- “How long until this cancer goes away?”


Ruchi’s cancer diagnosis stunned her because she wasn’t the kind who was prone to falling sick- she was always the bubbly girl bursting with energy. This ray of sunshine was not one to let cancer take away who she was as a person- one of her major worries was that she wouldn’t be allowed to relish her favourite street food anymore and of course, that her beautiful hair would fall out.


However, Ruchi’s mother was not one to let her daughter despair over the loss of her hair. She donated her hair and stood strong by her daughter.

Ruchi

 Ruchi, a true yoddha, a fighter has two amazing things to share from her experience.

-If you have Cancer, let Cancer not have you!
-Like every other thing in this world, Cancer will pass too!


This brave Yoddha followed and still believes and preaches the mantra of never giving up on life.


On her experience with Yoddhas-Indians Fighting Cancer, Ruchi said, "When I first came to know about my cancer, I quickly hopped on to the internet to find some cancer stories or other people who are going through the same ordeal. I couldn't find any Indian communities so I had to start my own channel. I wish I knew about Yoddhas.  Yoddhas is a great initiative by Rahul Yadav. Here we discuss about everything....from doctors to hospitals to various other treatments. It is really helping so many people within India. I'm proud to be part of it."



Ruchi was diagnosed with Stage 1 Hodgkins Lymphoma just before her  12th board exams. She was cured a few months later but she relapsed in 2013 with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. Post a stem cell transplant, she has recovered completely and today she is a budding YouTube star. To know more about her, follow her at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdjxsgUSRz5jUh0ytrbyU-Q



And please keep visiting our blog to discover and appreciate more Yoddhas. Feel free to contact the Yoddhas team at team@yoddhas.com 
Lastly,

Praise the Yoddhas; Support the Yoddhas ; Love the Yoddhas!

Cheers!

Written by: Shatakshi Tripathi


4 comments:

  1. Very inspiring...its very important to be mentally strong than only one can fight against any disease ..unfortunately the no of cancer cases are rising day by day..Ruchi has really proved to be a true yoddha..her story is a motivation to so many others ...Good luck and God bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very inspiring...its very important to be mentally strong than only one can fight against any disease ..unfortunately the no of cancer cases are rising day by day..Ruchi has really proved to be a true yoddha..her story is a motivation to so many others ...Good luck and God bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ruchi for inspiring us...even I'm in 12th...just one month is left for my boards to start and even I'm waiting for my cancer diagnosis... finally I've come across someone with same ordeal...and you have increased my hopes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My herpes is cured and it's miracle healing. Thanks to Dr. Sam who cure my Genital Herpes

    I was in trouble when doctor told me that I have been diagnosed with Genital Herpes. I thought about my Family, how they will feel if they knew, i was also felling pains in my Anus and vagina. I lost hope and I wept all day, but one day I was surfing the internet I found about Dr. Sam on how he cured a lady with natural herbs, I decided to contact him through his mobile number, i also wrote him letter through his email address. he guided me. I asked him for solutions and he prepared a herbal remedy and send to me,when i receieved it, i started taking it as directed. Thank God, now everything is fine, I’m cured by Dr. Sam herbal medicine, I’m very thankful to God and very happy with my hubby and family. You can contact him through his email address on
    Email:supremecurehome@gmail.com
    Tel/Whatsapp: +2347087462033

    ReplyDelete